Yup, that’s chocolate chips, peanut butter AND bananas, all together in one cookie!! How great is that??
I got bored when I came home today, so thought I’d make some cookies. I already had some brown bananas, chocolate chips left-over from a previous recipe and just enough PB for this recipe 😉 , of course..
I used Whole Earth Crunchy peanut butter here, but would probably use smooth almond butter next time, simply because it’s MY FAVOURITE!!
Did I mention this recipe is sugar-free?? Well it is!!
And this is how I did it….
Choc-Chip PB-Banana Cookies
- 2 medium overripe Bananananas!!
- 65g Nut-Butter of choice ((Peanut / Almond / Hazel / Cashew / Brazil / .. ))
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 50g Rolled Oats ((Jumbo Rolled Oats work great))
- 55g Wholewheat Flour ((Or Spelt / White / GF Mix / .. ))
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Handfuls ((and handfuls and handfuls!!)) of Chocolate Chips / Chocolate Chunks ((I use Sunvita Semi-Sweet because they’re the only sugar-free brand I can find so far..))
- Optional Extras: Chopped Nuts; Cinnamon; Cocoa Powder??; Dessicated Coconut; Whatever else your heart desires!!
Preheat your oven to 170 degrees C / 350 F, or a little higher, depending on your oven.
Mash the bananas with a fork ((leaving chunks if you wish)), then add your nut-butter and vanilla and mix it up.
In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients ((excluding chocolate and any extras)) and then fold in the wet, being sure not to over-mix.
Now add in your textures. This would be your chocolate chips or chunks, nuts, etc. and mix gently.
Now you can either roll the dough out to slice into cookie-bites later like I did, or add a little more flour / oats and roll into balls.
Place on a lines baking tray and cook for 10 – 15 minutes, depending on your preferred cookie-texture.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting if you did it this way, or else I think these cookies should store well in a lined plastic container for up to 4 days.
So, hope you enjoy these little bites 🙂 .
Do YOU like the combination of Peanut Butter, Banana and Chocolate?? What’s YOUR favourite combination??