Now, this was another recipe I whipped up especially for St. Patty’s Day. It’s a really simple dish really, pretty similar to my Bulgar Mix-Up.
Simple and Quick Quinoa dish:
- 1 serving plain-cooked Quinoa
- about 2T liquid of choice ((Stock; Water; Coconut Milk might be nice 🙂 !!))
- 2 handfuls of Spinach
- handful of Sugar-Snap Peas
- about 7 Brussels Sprouts ((or sub if you don’t like them – peas; kale; green beans; green pepper; etc..))
- about 1/2 a Courgette/Zucchini
- 1-2 T Soy Sauce
- 1 T White Wine Vinegar / Light Malt Vinegar
Start by getting out a small sacucepan and a wok or frying pan. Cut your veggies to desired size and set to one side.
In the saucepan, add the cooked quinoa and the 2T liquid and heat through gently. Then add the spinach, turn heat right down and cover.
Now cook the veg – over a medium-high heat, stir-fry the veg in the wok / frying pan, starting with the harder veg ((sprouts, pepper if using, green beans)) and finishing off with the sugar-snaps and courgette.
When the veg is almost cooked, uncover the quinoa and spinach and turn up the heat a bit. Mix it up, then remove from heat and add to the veg.
Now turn the heat right up and splash in the soy sauce and vinegar, moving it about so that it doesn’t stick too much. Heat through for only a minute.
Tip into a bowl and you’re done!! See, simple 🙂 .
Of course I topped mine with some Peanut Butter 😉 :